Office of Alumni Relations
484-365-7433 or toll-free 800-726-3014
What We Do
Alumni Engagement – The Office of Alumni Relations makes a special effort to strengthen its relationship with all the alumni of Lincoln University. Our strategies for engagement include:
- Two issues per year of the Alumni Newsletter
- Alumni Directory every 5 years
- Segmented and affinity based email blasts
- Receptions, mixers and other Alumni events
Our engagement also includes providing support for organized Alumni Chapters. We plan and organize on-campus events in conjuncture with alumni volunteers for both Homecoming/Reunion Activities and other traditional events held on campus for Alumni. We also provide an open line of communication through our social media platforms for alumni to connect and reconnect.
Reunion Activities – The Office of Alumni Relations works closely with the various classes in planning for their Class Reunions by assisting them with securing space for meetings; providing lists and labels; preparing and sending class mailings, developing special brochures, ordering academic regalia (50th Anniversary Emeritus Class), providing gifts (50th Anniversary Emeritus Class), and meeting with Class Agents regularly.
Events – The Office of Alumni Relations sponsors a number of special events, held on or off campus, to bring alumni together including:
- Annual Alumni Awards/Class Banquets, held during Homecoming
- Alumni Family Outing
- Chairlady’s Garden Party
- Lion Awards
- CIAA Basketball Tournament Activities
- Honda Battle of the Bands
- The annual Memorial Service for Deceased Alumni, “Fallen Lions, gone but not forgotten”, will be a staple in our efforts going forward.
Alumni Recognition – We provide an opportunity to recognize the accomplishments of our alumni during our annual Alumni Awards and Recognition Banquet which include
- Alumni Medal of Distinction
- Alumni Service Award
- Outstanding young Alumni
- Public Service and Professional Achievement Awards
- We also recognize those classes with the highest giving and participation.
Student Engagement – The Office of Alumni Relations works closely with the students in an opportunity to develop a relationship that will hopefully continue once they graduate. Our office serves as the advisor to the Pre-Alumni Council and has students volunteer at alumni events. We provide each graduate with a gift and educate him of her on the alumni association and their on-going commitment to Lincoln University.