Services for Students with Disabilites (SSD)


Lincoln University is committed to non-discrimination of students with disabilities and therefore ensures that they have equal access to higher education, programs, activities, and services in order to achieve full participation and integration into the University.  In keeping with the philosophies of the mission and vision of the University, the Office of Student Support Services, through the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) Program, provides an array of support services and reasonable accommodations for students with special needs and/or disabilities as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.  The Services for Students with Disabilities Program seeks to promote awareness and a campus environment in which accommodating students with special needs and/or disabilities is natural extension of the University’s goal.


The Services for Students with Disabilities Program provides assistance and support to students who have been diagnosed as having a permanent or temporary disability.  Disabilities covered under the program include, but are not limited to, blind/low vision, hearing loss/impairments, physical disabilities, medical disabilities, psychological or mental disabilities, and learning disabilities.  Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act defines disability as “any impairment which substantially limits a major life activity.



  • What forms do I need to complete to enroll in the Services for Students with Disabilities Program?
    The forms needed to enroll in the program are the Self-Identification Form, Student Intake Form, Documented Disability Form, and the Consent of Release Form.  All required forms are listed below under "Enrollment Forms."  
  • Where do I submit all of my forms?
    All forms can be sent to the attention of Dr. Manley, faxed to 484-365-7971, or emailed to  
  • What's the next step after I submit all of the required forms?
    Dr. Manley will inform you via letter if your documentation does not meet enrollment guidelines.  View Self-Identification and Appropriate Documentation link for more information.  
    If approved, you will meet with Dr. Manley to discuss your accommodations.  Dr. Manley will contact you via the cellphone number provided or via email (for currently enrolled students only) to verify all received documents.  At this time, notification will be given as to when to visit the office to conduct the intake session. University City location students can make alternate arrangements for intake
  • What are differences between disability services in high school and College?
    View the information sheet prepared by the  Office of Student Support Services that identifies the differences in student responsibilities and documentation requirements.



Self-Identification Form

Documented Disability Form

Student Intake Form

Consent Form