Disciplinary Sanction Community Service (DSCS) - OSS
The mission of the Disciplinary Sanction Community Service (DSCS) program is to promote University community standards of behavior and student learning through discipline that is creative and thought-provoking while maintaining the integrity of the judicial process. The DSCS program accomplishes its mission by providing programs and services that:
- foster personal learning, growth and development and aid in the development of mature and ethical decision-making.
- hold students accountable for their sanctions and the standards of expectations established by the Student Code of Conduct.
- help students learn appropriate behaviors and the consequences for unacceptable and/or inappropriate behaviors through the use of personal reflection and critical thinking skills.
- promote social responsibility through participation in service/volunteer activities.
DSCS PROGRAM STEPS
- Step 1 – Online Pre-Orientation
- Step 2 – Pre-Reflection Form
- Step 3 – DSCS Program Waiver Form
- Step 4 – Attend Mandatory Orientation Meeting (see calendar below)
- Step 5 – Earn hours by attending DSCS calendar events and earn additonal hours by donating items on these lists
- Step 6 – Post Reflection Form