Communication and Confidentiality - SSD
- Faculty members should encourage students with disabilities to identify themselves privately.
- When a student informs you about a disability, do not be afraid to ask questions such as, “Can you help me understand your accommodation needs?”
- Faculty members may want to include the following statement on their syllabus: “Any student with a documented disability should contact Dr. Marlayne Manley in the Office of Student Support Services located on the first floor of Wright Hall to make arrangements for appropriate accommodations.”
- Faculty members are required to respect student confidentiality. It is the student’s choice to disclose their disability.
- Students are required to provide appropriate documentation to the Office of Student Support Services only.