Dear LU family member,
As a follow-up to Dr. Allen’s recent letter on March 4th, Lincoln University would like to invite you to participate in a virtual focus group for families on Sunday, March 20th at 6:00 pm via zoom about our university climate. The focus group will be led by an external consultant, Dr. Jordan West, for 75 minutes long and your attendance is voluntary and confidential.
The focus group is an opportunity for you to share about your LU experience as a family member of a current student. In particular, the focus group will invite dialogue on:
- The current university climate and aspirational university climate;
- Lincoln’s shared values and how our current policies and practices align with our university values; and
- How can we prioritize care, accountability, and restoration as a university?
Space is limited to the first 20 participants who register using calendly. The zoom information will be emailed to registered participants at least 60 minutes before the scheduled session. We hope that you choose to participate and share openly, honestly, and authentically in the space.
If a parent wants to receive IRIS alerts, their student should go into their IRIS account at: https://www.irisdispatch.com/
Then add their parent’s phone number, email address, text number, etc.
There are several reasons we don’t allow parents to sign up directly.
- All the accounts are linked to Lincoln email accounts that the university supplies to Tec Radius.
- We pay by the user and the cost of all those individual accounts could be prohibitively expensive. (Each account can have up to three phone/text numbers and two emails)
- Managing that high a volume of individual accounts that are not attached to Lincoln emails would be a nightmare. We would have no way of effectively tracking whether or not they are still active and we would have to insert or remove them every year one-by-one. We would also not be able to have an opt-out program for students, which is preferable to having them opt-in.
We would like to welcome you to the family! Sending your student to college is a major life event for all families. Lincoln University is here to assist you and your student make this transition easier by providing the latest information about campus life, important dates, and events. Through information on this site and our Residence Life Newsletter, The ResLife Reader, we will help you stay connected to campus. We thank you for your continued support, and we welcome your ideas and feedback during your student’s LU experience.
As a parent or guardian, you are probably wondering about the best way to pay for your child’s education. The good news is there are many options available for financial assistance, and more than 90 percent of students here make use of these resources to meet their obligations. To be eligible for any form of financial aid, including work-study and most university-funded scholarships, your child will first need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The Office of Financial Aid can help you through this process. Our counselors work with you and your child to develop a package of resources by combining grants, scholarships, loans, and on-campus jobs. A college education is one of the most important investments you can make in your child’s future.
SAFETY IS EVERYONE’S BUSINESS. GET INVOLVED!
Lincoln University’s Public Safety Department places the safety of the university community as its highest priority. If you have an emergency please contact 484-365-7211 or 484-365-8139.
Our anonymous tip line is 484-365-7799.