COVID 19 Information Center: The use of face masks is required in all indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status.
Langston Hughes Memorial Library
Chat with a Librarian
Faculty and students may use the Ask-a-Librarian and chat services for help accessing the library’s print and electronic resources.
With this service, a patron can check out a book through ILL for pick up at the library or to be delivered to a home address. Additional ILL guidelines can be found on the Library Website.
24/7 Computer Lab Access
Access to the computer lab is available for after hours. The lab is monitored by Public Safety when the Library is closed.
Librarians will be available to assist with research questions/assistance by appointment.
Assistance with classrooms located in the library.
Services Offered Remotely
- Live Chat/Ask A Librarian – This service allows all LU faculty, staff, and students to ask questions and seek information for all of their library requests.
- Library FAQs – A developing list of frequently asked library questions and answers to answer and assist patrons at any time of the day.
- Interlibrary Loan – Free e-mail and physical delivery of requested research articles and other materials requested online.
- Online Database Access – Databases containing in excess of over 30,000 journal titles with complete access.
- Online Reference Assistance – Patrons can request a zoom meeting to assist with research questions/assignments.
- Digitized Special Collections – Extensive materials representing all aspects of the black experience, including African-American and African materials which includes Lincoln University History
- Libguides – LHML LibGuides are one-stop library subject resource guides developed for various subject areas as well as tools to assist with research and share information about the library. LHML LibGuides are available 24 hours/7 days a week. Accessible using your computer and mobile devices (cell phones, iPad, smartphones, etc.) Our guides assist and provide information on accessing databases on/off-campus, provides database search strategies (Boolean operators, truncation, subject headings), and Contain plagiarism prevention strategies/Citation information.
- Virtual Library Instruction – Faculty can request a librarian join a class session and or create a session for the class for Information Literacy Instruction.
- Library Programming – Partnership with faculty, staff, and students to offer programming that will allow support curriculum and other campus interest. An opportunity to work with Student Success as part of co-curricular activity.
- E-resources – Course reserve items that are currently in the library are now be offered as e-resources. Faculty can request items to be digitized and made accessible through Moodle or from the library website.