Special Collections Printed Materials Request Form
Langston Hughes Memorial Library
Application to Reproduce Special Collections Materials
Read, Agree to terms, & Submit
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, library and archives are authorized to furnish or allow the making of a reproduction. One of these conditions is that the reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research”. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use”, that user may be liable for copyright infringement. The Lincoln University Langston Hughes Memorial library has the right to refuse a request for a reproduction if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the request would involve violations of the copyright law.
Lincoln University Langston Hughes Memorial Library, in order to support research and scholarship, will consider requests to reproduce materials from its holdings. Lincoln University Langston Hughes Memorial Library reserves the rights to restrict reproduction and in certain cases to deny requests.
Reproductions may be allowed under the following conditions:
- I agree to assume all legal responsibility for observing copyright law, the laws of privacy, confidentiality and property rights.
- I will cite the Lincoln University library as the owner of the original material. The citation should be:
"The Lincoln University (PA) - Langston Hughes Memorial Library Archives"
- I am aware that permission to reproduce materials does not constitute permission to publish.
- I understand that I must obtain permission to publish from the copyright holder as well as from the Lincoln University Library.
- I agree not to make additional copies of this material.
- I agree to pay the current charge, plus postage and handling where applicable.