Aid for Undergraduate Students


Students must meet these guidelines to be eligible for any type of need-based or federal financial aid. Other Lincoln University scholarships may also require that you meet these criteria.

  • You must be admitted to or enrolled in a degree program (most programs require at least half-time enrollment)
  • You must maintain satisfactory academic progress towards a degree.
  • You must be a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen. Eligible non-citizens may be required to present their Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) I-551 or I-94 forms in person to the Office of Financial Aid
  • You must provide all documentation requested by the Office of Financial Aid. Your financial aid award cannot be finalized without necessary documents
  • You must not be in default on a Federal student loan or owe a refund on a Federal grant at any institution
  • You must not have borrowed in excess of the annual or aggregate Federal loan limits
  • Males between the ages of 18-26 must register with Selective Service. You can register on the Selective Service web site:
  • U.S. Citizens must have a Social Security card that carries a current and accurate legal name and Social Security Number. Applicants who have changed their legal name due to marriage, etc. must acquire a new card from the Social Security Administration Office

To be eligible for the majority of grants, scholarships and loans, you are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To expedite the process, please file the FAFSA here. We encourage you and your parent (if applicable) to apply for your Federal Student Aid ID at Your FSA ID will be required to electronically sign your FAFSA, complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN), Loan Entrance Counseling, and Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement.