Manuel Rivero Hall
Manuel Rivero Hall is home to the Lincoln University men’s and women’s basketball teams and volleyball team. Opened in 1973, Rivero Hall has a seating capacity of 2,500. The venue has hosted over 1,000 basketball games and volleyball matches. Rivero Hall has hosted more than 1,500 athletic events including the first two rounds of the 2006 NCAA Division III championship tournament, the 1997 ECAC Southern Region men’s basketball championship tournament, concerts and various convocations.
Additionally, the building features a bowling alley, dance studio, auxiliary gymnasiums, eight-lane Olympic-sized swimming pool, a recently renovated training facility, classrooms, and offices for members of the athletics department.
Constructed with funds provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the building is named for longtime professor Manuel Rivero, who died in 2001. The gym was dedicated in his honor during a ceremony in 1986. Rivero worked at Lincoln University from 1933 to 1977. He coached football, baseball, track, tennis and basketball at some point during his career at Lincoln. In addition to establishing the first Department of Health and Physical Education, he taught health, recreation and physical education.