Amos Hall was completed in 1902 and was originally used as a bathhouse for the male students. At an unknown date, Amos Hall was converted into a campus recreation center. The 2nd floor was used as a poolroom; the 1st floor was used as a snack bar, while the basement area was the home of the original bookstore. In 1966 when the Student Union Building was originally built, the 1st and 2nd floors were then converted into residential halls, while the basement was revolutionized into faculty offices. Amos Hall was a 16-bed upper-class male residential community with community bathrooms. It is not presently in use. Although Amos hall has undergone many changes over the years, the original arch at the front entrance has been looked on favorably to receive certification as a historic structure.