Veteran Affairs FAQs

1. How do I apply for admission to Lincoln University?

You must apply through Lincoln University Admissions Office. Prospective undergraduate students will find application information at; graduate student should refer to:  

2. How do I find out what VA benefits I might qualify for or if I have any VA benefits remaining?

Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or visit their website at

3. How long does it take to begin receiving benefits after they have been initiated and enrollment certification (22-1999) has been electronically sent to the VA?

New applicants should expect to receive their first check 8-12 weeks from the time the enrollment certification is sent. 
You will be paid retroactively from the first day of class. It is imperative that you notify Lincoln’s VA Certifying Official of any changes to your enrollment information (i.e. changes to schedule, including adding, dropping or withdrawals). 

4. What do I need to do each semester to continue receiving VA benefits?

Complete and submit the form once you've officially registered for classes.  

5. Will I qualify for in-state tuition?

For information on Lincoln’s tuition policy, see  

6. Can I get a tutor?

Eligible veterans who have a course deficiency may be eligible to receive reimbursement for payment to a tutor for individual tutoring. Visit the VA website at for more information and to obtain the Application and Enrollment Certification for Individualized Tutorial Assistance (VA Form 22-1990t).   

8. Transfer Students

If you are a transfer student and have used VA benefits at your previous college/university and would like to continue receiving the same benefits at Lincoln, you don't need to reapply. You may submit a change of place of training form 22-1995 or 22-5495 (if you are a Ch. 35 dependent).  

9. Dependents of Veterans

If you are a dependent of a veteran and will be receiving benefits under the Chapter 33 Post 9-11 transfer option, submit your VA certificate of eligibility or a copy of your 1990E application.  

10. Will the VA reimburse me for study-abroad?

The VA will reimburse the appropriate portion of tuition charged for classes. However, travel and study abroad fees cannot be reported to the VA under any circumstances.