This is the staging environment. Changes made here will not be reflected on production.
The Academic Support Unit at Lincoln University, located on the 2nd floor of Wright Hall, is committed to assisting the Lincoln community in building a culture of academic excellence. In order to develop this foundation for academic excellence, the Academic Support Unit provides academic coaching and advising, professional and peer tutoring, placement testing, computer labs, student development workshops, and hosts the Act 101 program. Using a student-centered approach, assistance is provided for all students utilizing best practices based on published, peer-reviewed evidence, ongoing systematic assessment, collaboration and alignment with academic curriculum, current technologies, cultural competence, and an appreciation for diverse learning abilities to provide preeminent services to students and the Lincoln Community.
- Placement Testing
- Professional & Peer Tutoring
- Peer mentoring
- ACT 101 Academic Achievement Program
- EMAP – Early Monitoring Alert Program to identify and assist students in academic difficulty
- Computer Labs
- Coaching for taking graduate or professional school entry exams
- Early Monitoring Alert Program – This program provides academic enrichment and support to students whose cumulative g.p.a. falls below the University required 2.0.
The Writing and Reading Center (WRC), and the Math Learning Center (MLC), are located in the Office of Academic Support, however operate under the auspices of the English (Language and Linguistics) and the Math Departments. These two centers will provide academic assistance to students enrolled in English and math courses as need dictates.