This is the staging environment. Changes made here will not be reflected on production.
The Male Achievement of Lincoln University’s mission is to increase the academic, professional and social success of Lincoln University males in order to increase retention and graduation rates. The Lincoln University Male Achievement strives to provide resources for students to identify their purpose, create additional avenues for alumni and community members to connect with the university, and provide faculty/staff with new opportunities to contribute to student development.
Project Ignite Mentoring Program
The goal of the Project Ignite is to intentionally develop and shape an identified group of first year males throughout the academic year. Ultimately, the initiative will provide the proper training ground for those males to move into leadership positions at the end of the year across campus. This initiative will also help those males increase identify and work towards their purpose. Each Project Ignite mentee will be acknowledged as a ‘MISTER’ which stands for Man of Integrity, Sophistication, Tolerance, Excellence and Responsibility. Mister Each Project Ignite ‘MISTER’ will be assigned three Lincoln University mentors: a faculty/staff member, an upperclassmen male and an alumnus.
Lincoln University Man of the Year
The Office of Male Achievement under the Division of Student Success at Lincoln University is opening nominations for the 2019-2020 Man of the Year Award. This special honor will be given to a current freshman, sophomore, junior and senior who has defined what it means to be a Lincoln University man.
Required Qualifications: Candidates who will be considered must be in good academic, financial, and judicial standing with Lincoln University
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates that will stand out to the selection committee will:
- Have participated in community service initiatives
- Have at least a 3.0 average
- Be involved with campus organizations
- Applications must be typed
- Previous Lincoln Man of the Year Award recipients may reapply for the award.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Nominators can only be current Lincoln University students, faculty, or staff.
- Letter of recommendations to supplement your application are accepted but not required for consideration. There is no minimum or maximum amount for the number or length of letter of recommendations you may submit.
- Should you have any questions, please contact Male Achievement Coordinator, Mr. Jonathan Harris by email at MaleInitiative@lincoln.edu
“The Lincoln University Men’s Council is a group of proactive and committed male students that serve as members of various organizations and departments charged with the mission of identifying ways to promote scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Representation for the men’s council will come from the following:
- Boyz 2 Men Mentoring Program
- Frederick Douglass Hall Council
- Gentlemen Qualities
- Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity Inc.
- Thurgood Marshall Living Learning Center North Hall Council
- McRary Hall Council
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- People Standing United (PSU)
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.
- Young Kings Movement
- First Year Program Peer Mentors
- Residence Life
- Student Life and Development”
Dress Up Thursdays
Every Thursday, the men of Lincoln University will dress up in their best professional attire. Each week a winner will be selected. At the end of the semester, all the winners will enter a raffle for the grand prize