This is the staging environment. Changes made here will not be reflected on production.
Sponsored Programs Mission
Vision Statement 2013 to 2018
In recognizing, embracing, and leveraging Lincoln University’s premier status as the oldest degree-granting Historically Black College and University, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) will provide transformational and transactional leadership and services, campus-wide, to garner resources that will promote and facilitate innovative opportunities for teaching, research, learning, enhancements to the campus infrastructure, improvements to student support services, creative expression, and new knowledge, that will serve local, regional, national, and global communities.
Mission Statement 2013 to 2018
In advancing our vision for empowerment and accountability to our valued stakeholders, ORSP will play the engaging role of a service-oriented unit that provides catalytic, confident, competent, and caring leadership to the Lincoln University of Pennsylvania community in the institutionalization of our status as an emerging research institution. As an “office of opportunities”, Research and Sponsored Programs will develop, promote, and continually support a campus culture of active sponsored research engagement that will build and implement sound institutional capacity for competitive advantage in national and international extramural funding sources.
To this end, ORSP will accomplish the following:
- act as a resource for University stakeholders to empower faculty, staff, and students in carrying out their scholarly, experimental, pedagogical, creative, and organizational projects;
- provide oversight for the successful administration of sponsored programs– to include grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements;
- provide consultation services regarding research and sponsored-program activities; and
- comply with federal, state, and University regulations and other appropriate guiding principles through a professionally supported relationship with our stakeholders.
Our services will include the following:
- helping to move ideas into concepts;
- conducting prospect research to align with concepts;
- identifying funding opportunities;
- assisting in the creation and strengthening of application materials for submission to external funding agencies;
- providing training programs for successful research and sponsored-programs activities;
- ensuring appropriate legal and ethical compliances;
- advancing best practices in effective post-award administration of funded projects.
- Wright Hall 160
- Wright Hall 120