Rendall Hall was erected in 1931 and is named in honor of two former presidents of the University, Isaac N. Rendall and his nephew, John B. Rendall. It was built with funds provided by the General Education Board, the Julius Rosenwald Fund, Miss Carolina Howard, Mr. Pierre S. du Pont, Mr. J. Frederick Talcott, and other generous friends. For the majority if its existence it was used to house freshmen males. The 2008 academic term brought about a change and Rendall Hall was converted to a co-ed residential community until the 2010 academic term when it was converted into an upper-class male community. In 1961 Rendall Hall received major upgrades and improvements with many more to follow in 1979. During the summer of 2008 in preparation for the change, Rendall Hall underwent major renovations along with receiving new furniture.