This is the staging environment. Changes made here will not be reflected on production.
Writing Proficiency Program
The Writing Proficiency Program (WPP) is administered by the Department of Languages and Literatures and the Faculty and Staff of Lincoln University and facilitated by Dr. Samaa Gamie.
The WPP has three (3) goals:
- To create an environment at Lincoln University in which writing skills and writing instruction are given high priority.
- To ensure that Lincoln students graduate with a high standard of competence, professionalism, and engagement while writing in English, as reflected in the course work throughout the disciplines.
- To provide Lincoln University students with the writing skills that will ensure the achievement of lifelong personal and professional goals.
WPP Student Learning Outcomes
- Students demonstrate writing competence in the production of writing pieces in their discipline in the writing intensive courses and in the WPP portfolio. The writing pieces must display effective use of grammar, punctuation, and coherent paragraphs.
- Students must apply effective organization and structure and relevant evidence to support and develop their documents central ideas.
WPP Graduation Requirement
The successful completion of the Writing Proficiency Program will become a graduation requirement for Lincoln University students starting with the graduating class of 2013. The WPP requirement for graduation consists of three steps:
- Passing the blue book requirement in ENG 101, which is the Writing Proficiency Exam
- Taking four writing intensive courses approved by the major department
- Submitting a successful portfolio (consisting of four documents) that is approved and certified by the major department and the Chair. Students who fail the portfolio requirement will be required to attend a prescribed number of writing workshop and submit a revised portfolio.
Once the students successfully complete the WPP, they will be certified for graduation by the Registrar’s Office.