This is the staging environment. Changes made here will not be reflected on production.
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership
Lincoln University’s Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree in Educational Leadership/Principal Certification Program is designed to prepare qualified and effective K-12 school administrators and instructional leaders, produce effective K-12 school principals who can also serve as positive change agents in the community, and develop school leaders with the necessary skills and capacity to improve student learning based upon research, assessment and the implementation of best practices. The Educational Leadership program was developed in accordance with the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s framework and guidelines for principal preparation programs.
- (PDE CORE STANDARD ONE) the leader has knowledge and skills to think and plan strategically, creating an organizational vision around personalized student success
- (PDE CORE STANDARD TWO) The leader is grounded in standards-based systems theory and design and is able to transfer knowledge to his/her job as an architect of standards-based reform in the school.
- (PDE CORE STANDARD THREE) The leader knows how to access and use appropriate data to inform decision-making at all levels of the system.
- (PDE COROLLARY STANDARD ONE) The leader creates a culture of teaching and learning with an emphasis on learning.
- (PDE COROLLARY STANDARD TWO) The leader manages resources for effective results.
- (PDE COROLLARY STANDARD THREE) The leader collaborates, communicates, engages, and empowers others inside and outside of the organization to pursue excellence in learning.
- (PDE COROLLARY STANDARD FOUR) The leader operates in a fair and equitable manner with personal and professional integrity.
- (PDE COROLLARY STANDARD FIVE) The leader advocates for children and public education in the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
- (PDE COROLLARY STANDARD SIX) The leader supports professional growth of self and others through practice and inquiry.
- (PDE SPECIAL EDUCATION COMPETENCIES FOR SCHOOL LEADERS) connect general education curriculum, compensatory and special education in providing high quality standards-based instruction/intervention that is matched to students’ academic, social, emotional and behavioral needs.
Please the University Catalog for program requirements.