Pre-Law (certificate only)
- To prepare students with the skills required for successful participation in law school.
- To prepare students with values of social responsibility and a work ethic appropriate to a career in law.
- To provide pre-law students with opportunities to exchange views and shape expectations concerning attending law school.
- To prepare students for success with pre-law national tests.
Student Learning Goals:
- Students will apply critical thinking and research skills to legal contexts.
- Students will be able to write argumentative essays appropriate to legal contexts.
- Students will be able to make oral presentations appropriate to legal contexts.
- Students will develop skills for success with the LSAT exam.
- Students will describe the role of race in American legal contexts.
- Students will identify the role of values in the practice of law.
Please see the University Catalog for more information and program requirements.
For more information contact the Political Science Department.