This is the staging environment. Changes made here will not be reflected on production.
Information Technology (BS, BA, minor)
Information Technology (IT) has emerged as a significant driver of disruptive online and offline infrastructures in the knowledge industry. Twenty first century enterprisers requires managers and leaders who understand the functionalities of IT systems as the backbone of contemporary organizations and can strategically integrate these systems with business functions such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain management, logistics, and customer relations management. This major synthesizes and infuses information technology into traditional cutting edge business disciplines.
- To develop distinctive and holistic competencies to lead enterprises in the evolutionary management of multidimensional data platforms and architectures and the delivery of enabling systems that revolutionize organizations.
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills that will enable them to participate in lifelong learning and to adapt to an ever-changing, global technological environment.
- To produce graduates that can find employment in all segments of public and private industries and are prepared for graduate studies.
- Develop web based technology and applications required to design dynamic interactive eCommerce sites.
- Describe the information technology infrastructure needs of an organization and determine the appropriate applications to solve specific business problems.
- Use of the appropriate user interface design and application tools to solve various programming problems.
- Define and Categorize the basic SQL language subsets (DML, DDL, and DCL) for application ) to pre-specified business problems and associated tables while administering the database.
- Assess, troubleshoot and solve advanced hardware and software issues using a variety of resources in today's microcomputer office settings.
Please see the University Catalog for more information and program requirements.
For more information contact the Department of Business and Entrepreneurial Studies.