Special Collections and Archives
The Langston Hughes Memorial Library houses materials relating to the Black Experience and to Lincoln University, as well as Rare Books and Gift Collections.
Thanks to a grant from the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC), Lincoln News and Lincolnian issues from 1925 through 2003 are now available from the Langston Hughes Memorial Library at Lincoln University. Articles, editorials, poetry, etc. by Lincoln University students, such as Kwame Nkrumah, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Langston Hughes, and Gil Scott Heron, appear on these pages, as well as news items regarding the campus, the local community, the nation, and the world.
For searchable, electronic files, click here: Lincoln News/Lincolnian Online.
- Africana (AFR) – Books by or about Africans or relating to Africa.
- Black Periodicals – Serial publications relating to Africa or the African Diaspora
- Digital Collections – Electronic copies of historical materials including, searchable files of Lincoln News/Lincolnian Online.
- Gift Collections – Books, manuscripts and artifacts donated to Lincoln University
- Kwame Nkrumah Digital Information Site - Government documents, written correspondance and rare video footage
- Lincoln University Archives – Institutional records of Lincoln University
- Lincolniana (LINC) – Books published by the institution, or by or about alumni or faculty
- Lincoln University Masters Theses – by Lincoln University graduate students
- Rare Books – Limited and supervised access
- Special Negro Collection (SNC) – Books by or about the descendants of Africans living in the African Diaspora