This is the staging environment. Changes made here will not be reflected on production.
Evaluation & Assessment Committee
The Committee on Assessment & Evaluation works to support faculty in their efforts to develop and assess student learning outcomes for programmatic, teaching and learning improvement. Functions of the Committee include:
- Establishing, reviewing and updating assessment policies and guidelines
- Communicating assessment expectations and results to faculty
- Providing constructive feedback on student learning assessment plans and results
- Facilitating university wide discussion of assessment results for improvement
- Maintain awareness of assessment best practices and communicate them to faculty
- Support academic departments in the program review process
- Recommend changes for improving the University’s assessment process
The Committee is chaired by an appointed faculty members and comprises of elected faculty representatives from each College, a faculty representative from the library and a representative from the Graduate faculty. Standing members include: the Provost & Vice President of Academic Affairs (or designee), Dean of Faculty, the Assistant Provost of Institutional Effectiveness, Research and Planning, Director of Assessment, an Alumnus on staff, an undergraduate student and a graduate student.