Student Canvas and Technology
Student CANVAS AND Technology
For Spring 2021, Canvas is the new learning management system at Lincoln University for delivering online, synchronous, asynchronous, or hybrid course materials. Please click on the Announcements to view important updates.
Getting Started With Canvas
Step 1: Review the Canvas resources below and/or review the Student Canvas Orientation video
Step 2: Complete the Passport to Canvas student orientation course (on your Canvas dashboard). If you are taking online summer courses, the Passport to Canvas student orientation course is a requirement.
Step 3: Contact a Canvas Student Ambassador or Canvas Coach for assistance (view the Canvas Help Options)
Canvas Login Instructions
If you are logged into your Lincoln email account in Google Chrome or Firefox, when you go to https://lincolnu.instructure.com, you will automatically be logged into your Canvas account. If you are not logged into your email, follow these steps:
- Go to https://lincolnu.instructure.com
- Pick your Lincoln University Microsoft account
- Enter your Lincoln University email password
- Click sign in
- This is your personal Lincoln University Canvas Dashboard
Canvas Help Options
Canvas Help Options
Canvas has a 24/7 Helpline and chat line. You may find these in your Canvas Global Navigation.
- Contact your instructor or IT for problems related to the visibility of your Canvas course.
- Contact IT if you are having issues with Canvas login.
- IT Contact information: email@example.com or 484-365-4357
- For other issues or training, contact a Canvas Coach or a Canvas Student Ambassador. Click on a card below for contact information.
Canvas Student Resources
- Canvas Dashboard: How do I use it?
- Profile: How do I edit it?
- Mobile App for Android: How do I download it?
- Mobile App for iOs (Apple): How do I download it?
- Online Assignment: How do I submit?
- Discussions: How do I reply to discussions?
- Quizzes: How do I take a quiz?
- Grades: How do I view my grades?
Other Instructional Technology Resources
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office: Contact IT support - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internet Access: The University provides Internet access through its dorms, labs, and buildings. When off-campus, users must provide their own Internet access. If you experience Internet access issues in your dorm, lab, or building, contact IT support - email@example.com
Tips for Success
Online Learner Success Strategies: Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes, and Strategies
To be successful in your online, synchronous, asynchronous, or hybrid course, basic computer skills are essential. For example, you should be able to:
- This document lists strategies for success in online learning.
- Create, save, open, and close documents
- Copy and paste text
- Add attachments to emails or discussion board posts
- Download attachments from emails or discussion board posts
- Navigate to designated web pages
Do you need to increase your knowledge of college success skills, computer skills, Internet skills, and Microsoft Office basic skills?
- The library database offers over 107 databases to assist you with your academic studies. Two of these databases focus specifically on these skills: College Success Skills and Basic Computer Skills. Contact a librarian for assistance via chat on the Langston Hughes Memorial Library database web page.
student cengage registration
Students register only once with Cengage to set up their Cengage Unlimited account. Review Cengage Student Resources: Let's Get Started!
- Go to Cengage Log-in, under “New Students - Create an account”
- Enter your Lincoln email address and follow the instructions
Access Your Cengage Course Materials
cengage training resources
Getting Started with Cengage Unlimited: This Cengage Unlimited web page provides information and instructions for students on MindTap, WebAssign, and more.
- Student Support Resources
Online Summer Sessions 2021
Lincoln University online summer courses are designed for your busy schedule. There are two, six-week sessions for Summer 2021. You may have enrolled in Summer A Session (May 24 – July 3) or Summer B Session (July 5 – August 14). Both sessions are fully online.Registration opens April 13 on WebAdvisor. Learn more about registration. Registration for undergraduates is open for online courses during both summer 2021 sessions.
Financial aid may be available for Session A (May 24, 2021 - July 3, 2021). All undergraduate students planning on registering for online summer sessions are required to complete a 2021 summer school financial aid application. Contact Financial Aid for further information.
Beginning April 13, all students can register via WebAdvisor. There are no restrictions on who can register. Students may continue to register until the end of drop/add for Summer A or Summer B.
Online Summer Session Training Requirement
One of your first assignments in your online course is to complete the student online orientation, Passport to Canvas. This training is on your dashboard. After you complete the orientation, you will receive a digital badge. This digital badge will signify to your instructor that you have completed the orientation. Your instructor will verify that you have completed this training.
You are required to complete an online orientation training. You can begin completing this as soon as you enroll. You will be required to email your completion badge to your professor.
Students in an online course must have access to a desktop or laptop computer (PC or Mac) with a stable Internet connection. All LU students have access to Microsoft Apps while they are enrolled at Lincoln University. Installation directions are located on the IT Support page. Professors may require additional software, which will be specified in the syllabus.
Recommended Browsers for Canvas
- Internet Explorer/Edge and Safari
- Taking quizzes or exams on a tablet or smartphone
For success tips, review this Online Learner Success Strategies document.
Email or WebAdvisor Help: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-484-365-4357 (HELP)
Student Support Services
- Academic Support
- Academic Advising
- Academic Calendar
- ADA Accommodations
- Campus and Virtual Bookstore
- Career Development
- Canvas and Technology
- Counseling Services
- Financial Aid
- Information Technology
- Langston Hughes Memorial Library
- Women's Center