Disciplinary Sanction Community Service (DSCS)
The mission of the Disciplinary Sanction Community Service (DSCS) program is to promote University community standards of behavior and student learning through discipline that is creative and thought-provoking while maintaining the integrity of the judicial process. The DSCS program accomplishes its mission by providing programs and services that:
- foster personal learning, growth and development and aid in the development of mature and ethical decision-making.
- hold students accountable for their sanctions and the standards of expectations established by the Student Code of Conduct.
- help students learn appropriate behaviors and the consequences for unacceptable and/or inappropriate behaviors through the use of personal reflection and critical thinking skills.
- promote social responsibility through participation in service/volunteer activities.
DSCS PROGRAM STEPS
- Step 1 – Online Pre-Orientation Quiz
- Step 2 – Complete Pre-Reflection Form
- Step 3 – Complete Program Policies and Procedures Waiver
- Step 4 – Become a member of Engage Lincoln Lions and The Office for Community Service & Engagement
- Step 5 – Register (via Engage Lincoln Lions) and attend a mandatory Community Service Orientation meeting
- Step 6 – As community service opportunities are completed, add impacts online to track your hours.
- Step 7 – Post Reflection Form