Registering as a Transfer Student

Pennsylvnania has statewide agreements and policies to help students easily transfer academic credit from one Pennsylvania college or university to another. View statewide Articulation agreements.

Transfer Students

All our liberal arts and science-based degree programs are grounded in a general education curriculum. If you are transferring here from another college or university, we will assess the work you’ve done so far and identify next steps.

The Office of the Registrar will evaluate your transcripts at the time of admission and provide a list of course equivalencies. Upon review with your academic advisor an academic plan will be finalized. Your placement in English, reading, and math courses will be contingent on courses you’ve taken to date:

  • If you have 24 or more credits or equivalent courses, you will be exempt from taking First Year Experience 101. 
  • If you did not take English, reading, or math courses at your previous institution, your placement will be determined by placement exams.
  • Only grades of “C” or better at college level are transferrable.
  • Course equivalency will be determined by the Registrar’s Office and the department of your major, where applicable.
Visit to create your student account and obtain comprehensive transfer information about transferring to or from participating Pennsylvania colleges and universities.
Powered by